Romance for Roe Fast Facts
5 USA Today Bestselling authors
20 contemporary, 8 historical, and 8 speculative romances
1.57+ million words
supporting two national charities
100% donation based
running for 9 months
Our Choice: Romance for Roe is an anthology of 36 romance stories in aid of Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice.
In the wake of the Supreme Court’s refusal to stay implementation of Texas SB8, Jackie Barbosa (email contact: email@example.com) put out a call for fellow romance authors to contribute a story to a charity anthology in support of efforts to protect abortion rights and access.
As romance authors, the 36 contributors to this anthology believe all people deserve happy endings, including pregnant people who decide to terminate a pregnancy for any reason. That’s why we’re raising funds for PPFA and NARAL Pro Choice, leaders in the national legal fight to protect the reproductive rights of all Americans.
Please do not send money directly to the Romance for Roe project; we are not a charitable organization under the law. Give directly to the two organizations we are supporting through this project and submit receipts at https://romanceforroe.com. Romance for Roe is unaffiliated with either PPFA or NARAL Pro Choice America.
Savannah J. Frierson
Red L. Jameson
Author and Anthology Fun Facts
- 5 USA Today Bestselling authors contributed to the anthology: Sadie Haller, Zoe York, Eva Leigh, Susannah Nix, and Elizabeth Bright
- There is a husband and wife team who both have romance stories in the anthology – Eva Leigh and Nico Rosso
- The stories by Liz Crowe, Carrie Lomax, and Elizabeth Bright all feature a person having an abortion and living HEA (happily ever after – the defining feature of the romance genre); all three stories have also never been published before
- Most of the stories are full length (>50,000 words or 200 page) novels, but there are also short stories and novellas
- Nearly all of the stories are by Americans, but there are international authors from the UK and beyond
- Not all romance authors are women – male and non-binary authors have also contributed stories
- The anthology covers much of the spectrum of romance currently available, with gay, lesbian, poly, bisexual, and straight characters
- The stories range from ‘sweet’ kisses-only to erotic. All the stories have their heat level listed, so readers can *choose* what they’d like to read
- The book cover was designed to look like a cross between a 1980s protest poster and the signatures on the US Declaration of Independence